With cannabis regulations all over North America becoming laxer in cannabis news more people are getting started learning to grow medical marijuana either indoors or outdoors. If you’ve read any of my previous articles you will know that I’m a soil grower only. I’ve always grown cannabis in soil and have never tried growing with hydroponic systems, so my guides relate to my experience which is soil growing. The good news is your found the right place to start learning. My 420 Grow Guides are simple and to the point and guide new growers step by step through the entire growing process and harvest the finest marijuana. I produce beginners guide in the truest sense to help new growers to get started growing elite marijuana.
Why did I start growing Marijuana Indoors? (advantages of growing)
- save money – Saving a load of money, do you need a better reason?
- health reasons -I use medical marijuana for anxiety and depression
- safety– I no longer had to deal with drug dealers or strangers or bring illegal bud from outside into my home.
- Supply for my demand– Once I started growing I was never short of cannabis nor did I have to spend time trying to source cannabis
- higher quality cannabis – Because I’m in control I know the quality and care going into my buds
- choice of strains– this is the top reason I grow, I like to experiment with different strains to achieve different medication.
- Security – growing indoors brings much less attention and removes the likelihood your plants will get found and stolen.
How long Will Growing Cannabis Take start to finish?
There are many growing methods but most cannabis grows will take just under 4 months from cannabis seeds to cured finished product. The exact time is hard to calculate because there are some variables that need to be accounted for. What strain you grow directly effects your grow length, there are short growth cycle plants and regular cycle plants they all mature differently.
The next major issue that will affect your grow time is the lighting you use to grow your cannabis. There are variables to examine here.
- You lighting system (LED, HIP, fluorescent lighting, compact fluorescent)
- How many hours of light your plants get per day (lighting schedules)
- Air circulation
- Reflecting light back down to the plant using reflectors and relfective surfaces
If you grow Auto-flowering plants, you can crank up the light cycle to 18 hours a day and decrease grow time by up to a week.
Don’t get crazy and try to skip or shorten the curing phase or you’ll end up with less potent unpleasant tasting buds. Having a proper curing setup is the only way to minimize curing time. You can read more about that in our article How to grow cannabis indoors.
- 3+ Months – Seed to Harvest
- 1 week – Drying
- 2+ Weeks – Curing
Total: 4+ Months
Enjoy learning from our marijuana growing guide. We will cover everything from growing from seed, marijuana cultivation, vegetative growth, grow lighting, temperature and humidity and cloning methods